Livestream is an innovative and fast-growing live video company based in New York City that delivers over a billion minutes of video every month. We are looking for talented engineers to help us build and scale the best live streaming service.
As a team leader of the Video Experience team, you will have the opportunity to build the next-generation live video platform. We are looking for candidates who are passionate about software and product development, take pride in what they build, are quick learners and love to work in a challenging and fast-paced environment. As part of a company competing in a global market, you will have the opportunity to release updates and changes often, see your work used by millions of people, and be offered a competitive salary.
- The development of our players across Livestream’s award-winning web platform (live, and VOD; desktop and mobile).
- Exceptional leadership skills: while we expect engineering leaders to be highly involved in technical work, the team lead role is people-first rather, than technology-first.
- Hiring and building a team from the ground up.
- Ensuring Livestream’s Video Experience team is delivering performant and scalable products while each team member is growing professionally as an engineer.
- A technical leader in your field, you have extensive experience with streaming and video technologies.
- Exceptional architecture and design sense and generally take a pragmatic and iterative approach to engineering. You believe in continuous self-improvement.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and recruit technical teams.
- Understand the value of leading by example and empowering your team.
- Extensive experience with serving video using both Flash-based players and the HTML5 video tag
- 2+ Years of Flash / AS3 experience
- Strong knowledge in streaming live video using Flash (RTMP or HTTP-based streaming)
- Strong knowledge in streaming live video for mobile platforms (HLS and RTSP)
- Knowledgeable about video encoding technologies (H264 / MP4, WebM / VP8, etc)
- Bonus: experience using / configuring video streaming servers / technologies (Wowza, RTMPD, etc)
- Bonus: experience in dealing with content delivery networks / architecture and the associated caveats
Livestream’s mission is to connect people and live events. Livestream offers event owners a complete set of hardware and software tools to share their events with a growing community online. More than 30 million viewers each month watch thousands of live events from customers including The New York Times, Facebook, ESPN, SpaceX and Warner Bros. Records. Founded in 2007, Livestream is headquartered in New York with offices in Los Angeles, London, Ukraine and India.