Livestream.com is the premier destination for streaming live events. We connect events with an engaged audience to create a stirring, emotional experience for viewers – one that builds long-term value for organizations.
Livestream featured in the list of Forbes top 100 America’s Most Promising Companies 2012 and ranked 12th in Inc Magazine fastest growing private companies in the US . We also won the Streaming Media Reader’s Choice Award in multiple categories like Best Online Video Technology Company, Best Field Encoder, Best Live Video streaming service and Best Online Video Platform in 2012.
We are exponentially growing with monthly 33million unique viewers and more than 1billion viewer minutes monthly watching thousands of live events from customers including The New York Times, Facebook, ESPN, SpaceX and Warner Bros Records.
- Work in 24x7 rotational shifts: morning (6:00am-2:30pm), afternoon (2:00pm-10:30pm), and night (10:00pm-6:30am).
- Monitor, Provision, configure and troubleshoot our production servers and services.
- Maintain 100% uptime of the production services.
- Ensure that our monitoring tools catch and generate alerts on all production issues.
- Address all issues reported by our monitoring tools, including escalation on issues that require more senior intervention.
- Follow escalation process through issue completion, including providing documentation after resolution.
- Follow regular Operations procedures and complete all assigned tasks during the shift.
- Assist in root cause analysis of production issues and help write a report which includes details about the failure, the relevant log entries and likely root cause.
- Send periodic NOC reports with the system and service status.
- Monitor backups and disaster recovery, including backup verification, and performing restoration tests and participating in disaster recovery drills.
- Build knowledge base by creating and updating documentation for support.
Required skills and experience:
- Education: B.E. (Bachelor of Engineering) in Computer Science, Electronics or Electronics & Communication or B.Sc ( Bachelor of Science) major in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- 1+ years experience supporting and troubleshooting in a real-time 24x7 production online web environment.
- Good written and verbal communication skills; ability to organize and prioritize tasks.
- Knowledge of unix scripting: shell, python, ruby or equivalent languages (from an automation and monitoring standpoint).
- Ability to identify and use tools to execute everyday sysadmin tasks.
- Strong Conceptual knowledge of DNS, DHCP, PXE installation, server virtualization technologies (XEN or equivalent).
- Ability to configure and use monitoring systems (ZenOSS, Graphite or equivalents).
- Create and maintain documentation for System Administration support.
- Ability to work in fast-paced environments with weekly product release schedules.
Desired skills and experience:
- Ability to identify, write, and customize small add-on modules or plugins of open-source tools to effectively automate tasks and monitor production services.
- RHCE certification or equivalent experience.
- Experience with package management (preferably on Debian systems).
- Working knowledge of the following technologies (or equivalents): DNS, FAI, DHCP, subversion, git, puppet, mysql.
Start Date: Immediate.